Four Technologies Inc.
December 27, 2018
- Why We Collect it. We collect personal and Financial Information about you to provide you the Services. We require the information we collect about you for a variety of reasons. In many cases, our suppliers may require the information. In other examples, we may need the information to help the Company follow government regulations. Finally, we collect your information to help us personalize and improve your experience. We use the term “Personal Information” to describe information that can be associated with a particular person and can be used to identify that person. We use the term “Financial Information” to describe information tied to financial accounts and services. We do not consider Personal Information or Financial Information to include anonymized information.
- The Information You Provide Us. If you open an account or use the Services, we may collect the following types of information: Personal Information – your name, address, phone, email, third-party application IDs, and other similar information. Financial Information – bank account numbers and payment card numbers that you link to your account or give us when you use the Services. Before permitting you to use the Services, we may require you to provide additional information, including but not limited to your date of birth, Social Security Number, and other Personal Information. We may use this information to verify your identity or other information you provide. We may combine your Personal Information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize the Services, content, and advertising.
- The Information We Save. When you use the Services, we collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone or any other access device. The information we collect includes, but is not limited to, the following: Your computer IP address; Your device ID or unique identifier; Your device type; Geolocation information; Computer and connection information; Mobile network information; Statistics on page views; Traffic to and from the sites; Referral URL; Ad data; Standard web log data and other information. We also collect information as you use the Services. This information includes, but is not limited to, the details of the products purchased with the Services, data about the products you viewed or attempted to purchase, and the pages you accessed. We may also collect information about you from any contact you have with any of our services or employees. This type of information includes, but is not limited to, the information you enter when you add data to a web form, add or update your account information, participate in community discussions, chats, or dispute resolutions, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding the Services. Additionally, for quality and training purposes or its protection, the Company may monitor or record its telephone conversations with you or anyone acting on your behalf. By communicating with the Company, you acknowledge that your communication may be overheard, monitored, or recorded without further notice or warning.
How We protect your information.
- Safeguards. The Company stores and processes your information maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. The Company, in collaboration with our partners, maintains physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems and uses safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption. We enforce physical access controls to our buildings, and we authorize access to Personal Information only for those employees who require it to fulfill the responsibilities of their jobs.
- Audits. The Company and its partners perform stringent information security audits yearly to ensure proper implementation of our physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. Audits undertaken by the Company and some of its partners include Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliance and Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance (SOC).
How We utilize your information.
- To Make Improvements to Your Experience. Our primary purpose in collecting Personal Information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Your information will be used for, but not be limited to, the following purposes: (1) Providing you the Services and customer support; (2) Processing your transactions and sending notices to you about your transactions; (3) Collecting payments and fees, and troubleshooting problems; (4) Improving the Services by customizing your user experience; (5) Measuring the performance of the Services and improving the content and layout; (6) Providing pertinent marketing and advertising; (7) Providing service update notices, and delivering promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and (8) Contacting you at any telephone number, by placing a voice call or through text (SMS) or email messaging, as authorized by our User Agreement and Merchant Agreement;
- To Make Improvements to Security. We use the information you provide and the information we collect to ensure that we are enabling safe, secure and reliable Services. Your information will be used for, but not be limited to, the following purposes: (1) verifying your identity, including during account creation and password reset processes; (2) Detecting, preventing, and/or mitigating fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities; (3) Detecting, preventing or mitigating violations of policies or applicable User agreements; and (4) Managing and protecting our information technology infrastructure;
- To Enable our Services. When transacting with others, we may provide those parties with information about you as is necessary for completion of the transaction. Such as, your name, account ID, contact details, shipping and billing address, or other information required to promote the reliability and security of the transaction. If a transaction fails or is later invalidated, we may also provide details of the unsuccessful transaction. To facilitate dispute resolution to enable a return, we may provide a buyer with the Merchant’s address. Contacting Users or Merchants with unwanted or threatening messages is against our policies and constitutes a violation of our User and Merchant Agreements. Please note that the Merchants you transact with may have their own privacy policies and may be governed by rules and regulations based on their location or business. Although the Company’s User and Merchant Agreements do not allow the transacting party to use this information for anything other than completing a successful transaction initiated by the Services, the Company is not responsible for their actions, including their information protection practices.
- To Follow Laws & Regulations. In some cases, the Company may be required to share Personal Information and Financial Information of its Users and Merchants to follow local, state or federal laws and regulations. We will also provide this information when required to do so by subpoenas, court orders, and legal actions. In cases where there is a violation of our User Agreement or Merchant Agreement, we may also share Personal Information with credit bureaus, collection agencies and banking partners to ensure that the Company can act on violations of our agreements. In addition to the above requirements; card, lending, and banking rules may also compel the Company to share your information with third-parties.
What the Company will not do with your information.
- We understand that one of the primary reasons you use the Services is to protect your banking and card information. Therefore, we don’t share your bank account information or card account information with any Merchants.
- We may contact you via electronic means or postal mail to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, or as otherwise necessary to service your account.
- We may contact you to offer coupons, discounts, and promotions, and inform you about RemuPay Services.
- We may contact you as necessary to enforce our policies, applicable law, or any agreement we may have with you.
- When contacting you via phone, we may use, and you consent to receive, autodialed or prerecorded calls and text messages as described in our User Agreement and Merchant Agreement. Where applicable and permitted by law, you may decline to receive certain communications.
- If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customization programs, simply indicate your preference by logging into your account and updating your preferences or follow the provided directions that may accompany the communication or advertisement. We respect your communication preferences. If you no longer wish to receive notifications via our application, you can adjust your preferences by visiting the settings page of the application.
- SMS messaging is a critical component of the Services. Regulatory provisions require that the Company allows you to opt out of our SMS messages. You can opt out of receiving SMS messages by emailing email@example.com by logging into your account and adjusting your preferences or by following the directions provided with the communication. The Company reserves the right to close or limit access to your account should you opt out of the crucial notices that are required to provide the Services.
- When you access our website or use the Services, we may place small data files on your computer or any other device. These data files may be cookies, pixel tags, e-tags, “Flash cookies,” or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications (collectively “Cookies”). We use these technologies to recognize you as a customer so we can: (1) Customize the Services, content, and advertising; (2) Measure promotional effectiveness; (3) Help ensure your account security; (4) Mitigate risk and prevent fraud; and (5) to promote trust and safety across our sites and the Services. You are free to decline our Cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits unless our Cookies are required to prevent fraud or ensure the security of websites we control. However, declining our Cookies may interfere with your use of our website and the Services.
Changing your personal information/closing your account.